Time-limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowance_Railway Department
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA /Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Railways /Rail Mantralaya
New Delhi, dated 23.03.2018
All Indian Railways,Pus etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub:Time-limit for submission of claims for Travelling Allowance-reg
Consequent upon the issuance of general financial rule (GFR)-2017, vide Rule 290 of GFR,time limit for submission of claim for Travelling Allowance (TA) has been changed one year to 60 days succeeding the date of completion of the journey. Accordingly, in supersession of all earlier orders/Instructions issued on the subject, it has been decided Allowance / Daily Allowance on tour /transfer/journey on retirement, is forfeited or deemed to have been relinquished if the claim for it is not preferred within 60 days succeeding the date of completion of the journey.
2. In respect of claim for Travelling Allowance for journey performed separately separately by the officer & member of his family, the date should be reckoned separately for each journey and the claim shall be submitted within 60 days succeeding the date of completion of each individual journey. Similarly, TA claim I n respect of transportation of personal effects and conveyance delivered to the Railway servant at the new station.
3.The date of submission of the claim shall be determined as indicated below:
the case of officers who are their own controlling officer.
The date of presentation of
the claim at the Case section.
the case of officers who are not their own controlling officer.
The date of submission of the
claim to the head of office/controlling officer.
4. In the case of claims falling under category 3(ii),which are presented to the case Section in abeyance a period of 60 days succeeding the date of completion of journey, date of submission of the claim will be counted from the date when it was submitted by the Railway servant to the Head of office / controlling officer with in prescribe time limit of 60 days.
5. A claim for Travelling allowance of a Railway servant which has been allowed to remain in abeyance for a period exceeding one year should be investigated by the Head of the Department concerned. If the head of the department concerned. If the Head of department is satisfied about genuiness of the claim on the basis of the supportive documents and the there are valid resons for the delay in preferring the claims should be paid by the drawing & Disbursing Officer or the Accounts Officers, as the case may be , after usual checks,
6. These orders shall be effective from the date of issue of this letter
7. Hindi Version will follow
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Finance (Estt.)